Saturday, November 19, 2011

Countdown to Sheri's 50th birthday: Can you help these kids?

Sheri and part of her brood
I have a lot of children and a lot of grandchildren.  I am thankful and blessed to have this family.  These kids are smart, sharp, loving, compassionate and caring. They are all healthy and happy.


Not all babies are born in such happy conditions.  But ALL  babies deserve love, kindness, patience, and respect, no matter what.


As I mentioned in my last blog, we are in the countdown to my birthday.  I thought my 50th birthday wasn't throwing me for a loop, but it really has.  I have been more nostalgic than ever lately, signed up for Ancestry.com, dug up my old pictures, and began journaling for my kids.  I don't think I did anything "mid-life crisis-ish" (although my mother would beg to differ when she heard I had bought a new motorcycle), but I do know I have no regrets, so I am not holding onto a "bucket list" or anything like that.


I'm way past the time of wanting a big to-do for my birthday, or presents, but I do want to do something to mark this time in my life.  So I chose to pick an organization that depends on all of us to help them do their job and help them in some way.


The Women's Care Center in Danville exists to help mothers with unexpected pregnancies, women who are not sure what they are going to do or where to get help, or women with pregnancies who are in household and lifestyle conditions that could lower the quality of life for them and their children.


The center needs warm sleepers and clothes for babies, so I want to provide 50 sets of clothes to send to them.  If you would like to help me with this, I would be thrilled about that. These items must be new, and you can deliver them to me, here at our store in Fairmount, or mail them to me:


Sheri Burns
LONG LANE HONEY BEE FARMS
14556 N 1020 East Rd
Fairmount IL 61841


The center also needs a large screen tv for educational purposes for their clients, and I'd like to be able to gift them with this as well, so for those of you who want to make donations to that, just send a check and put on the memo what it is for.


Thank you all,



2 comments:

Kim P said...

What a generous way to celebrate your birthday!!

Cheryl Z said...

Sheri,

I've been enjoying reading your blog and looking over your website. I'm excited to find another woman my age with more than the average number of children with a wide age range, living the in the country, etc. I live about 2 hours away from your farm and started beekeeping with 2 hives this year. Unfortunately one of our hives died off too late for me to replace them, so I was looking for a local source for a new package of bees for 2012. I look forward to following the blogs and going through the beekeeping information to learn more. And maybe in 2012 I'll have a honey harvest to use some of your recipes on.

Cheryl Zacek
farmerinodell.com